Our LibGuide in support of the California Reads' grant in the Searching for Democracy program. It provides information about our Library resources on the U.S. Constitution, as well as links to external resources.
- "Searching for Democracy" Theme - "To coincide with our two-year statewide initiative to animate a public conversation on democracy and civic values leading into the 2012 elections, our current theme is Searching for Democracy. Programming aligned with this theme will be conducted through the end of November 2012 by libraries and collaborating entities throughout the state. The big idea? To stimulate a thoughtful reflection of, and lively discussion among, friends and neighbors, families and strangers about the past, present, and future of democracy."
- Our guide includes a tab-menu to the various parts of the LibGuide. Use the tabs to see the other parts.
- Our primary resource book for the series and theme is "The Penguin Guide to the United States Constitution : a Fully Annotated Declaration of Independence, U.S. Constitution and Amendments, and Selections From the Federalist Papers," available via the link to our Catalog. Place a hold if needed to reserve a copy to read and study.
- Be sure and get a copy of the Discussion Guide to the Penguin Constitution book, and the Curriculum Guide to the Penguin Constitution book.
- See more about the history behind the U.S. Constitution from the National Archives.
- See more about the California Humanities organization, and the California Reads program.