Innovation Lab at Central Library
Our lab is now located on the 3rd Floor of the library in the North East corner. The lab is about 4 times the old space. With the new space, we'll also have regular operating hours in the morning and Saturdays. In the afternoon and evening, we'll be using the lab for clubs, workshops, and appointments only.
Our Maker Lab was originally funded by an LSTA grant in 2013 when we opened our Central Library. Since then, thanks to generous donations from our community, we've been able to slowly expand the lab to add additional machines. The new space was funded in part by the California State Library.
- 3D printers
- 3D scanner
- Silhouette Cameos/vinyl cutter
- CNC Sewing Machines
- CNC Embroidery Sewing Machine
- CNC Milling Machine (Carvey by Inventables)
- Epilog Helix 50W Laser Cutter (for Entreprenuers-in-Residence & workshop use only)
- Computers (for slicing 3D models, scanning objects, and sending designs to the Cameos)
Open Lab Hours:
10 AM - 2:00 PM
|Wednesday||10 AM - 2:00 PM|
|Thursday||10 AM - 2:00 PM|
|Friday||10 AM - 2 PM
10 AM - 5:00 PM
Please note: The library reserves the rights to close the lab down for library programs and machine maintenance at anytime.
To make an appointment:
- Stop by our lab to get estimate on how long it'll take to print your object.
- Contact us to make an appointment by emailing us at: email@example.com.
For large objects, we recommend that you stop by the lab first to get an estimate of how long it'll take, then make an appointment. We also recommend that you make your appointment at least one week in advanced.
Reoccuring Programs in the Lab or in 4th Floor classroom:
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
|every Saturday||10 AM - 5:00 PM
Please note: All of the programs are free and available first come first served.